Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Playing Ketchup:Goodbye Old Friend

Well, as any guy will tell you, among the minor annoyances that come with being male shaving every day ranks pretty high up there (I realize that it in no way compares to menstrual cycles, pregnancy, menopause etc. but I still find it irritating daily.)Shaving every other day works and with my fair hair I can get away with it. Any longer than that and I only shave once a week.

Well, a couple weeks went by and I hadn't shaved and Kate hadn't said anything about it. It turned into a full-on beard. I thought that there should be some functionality to this otherwise useless growth and I told my brother-in-law, John, that I wouldn't shave until he went on a date....with a girl...who speaks English. This is one of the harder tasks I could have assigned him but on Halloween it happened and it was "Goodbye, Old Friend," just like on Harry and the Hendersons.

Here's the final hurrah pic before it all went away.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

good thing you dirty hippie :)