Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Gavin!


Gavin celebrated his 27th Birthday on Sunday. But we started the celebrating a little early. I surprised Gavin with his very own first surprise party ever on Saturday night. This is a picture of the cake i make - not much to look at but a pretty good red velvet cake.

I have to say that I am so excited that Gavin was surprised! Anyone who knows will say that I am a terrible liar and and I love to jump the gun on surprises. I planned a party with my family (the whole crew of 10 minus Elder Brooks) at my sister Sarah's house. But I had Sarah "invite us over for dinner". On Saturday we were moving here at the house (another blog post perhaps . . .) and it was a crazy day. I had planned for plenty of time to go to Sarah's and make a cake and Fresh Pasta which is Gavin favorite dinner. I ran late and Gavin was just hanging here by himself. I had told him Sarah invited us over, but she wanted me to make dinner. (Thanks Sarah!) While Gavin was here, my sweet family kept asking Gavin when he was leaving. I am so glad he thought nothing of it. I ran home and took him to the dollar store (not quite HONKS but you get the picture) and bought him some candy as an extra B-day treat.

We went to the door and Jono answered, Gavin walked in and SURPRISE!!! It was so fun just to see his face and actually have him be surprised.


Here Gavin is, getting ready to blow out all the candles and giving me one of his charming-I hate-pictures-but-I will-smile-anyways kind of smiles. Thanks honey! I love you.

So Happy Birthday Gavin. You are great.

2 comments:

Mike and Ariane said...

Happy belated birthday Gavin! :-)

gavin said...

Thanks you guys