Friday, September 4, 2009

Fresh n' Tasty Fridays

Well, we get asked to cook for friends & family and we love trying out new recipes. So I thought it would be cool to share some of our time-tested recipes for our friends to enjoy.

For the first recipe, I'm going to go with an old stand-by that Katie could drink every morning, if I let her....Orange Julius. I've tried a bunch of recipes and this is my version that seems to go over the best.

Gavin's Orange Julius

1 c. water
1 c. milk
6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate (1/2 a standard can)
1/4 to 1/3 c. plain or vanilla yogurt
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/4 t. cinnamon
1 1/2 T. sugar or honey
at least 6 ice cubes
1 banana (optional)

Put everything in the blender and blend on whatever level is necessary to break up the ice for 30 seconds. Serve immediately (It doesn't hold up over a few hours. I've tried).

You can also mix it up by adding fruit like bananas, peaches, melon, or a frozen fruit medley.

2 comments:

Matt Haynie said...

I often think of your apple/pear dessert. What a delight that was :)

gavin said...

Thanks Matt. I'll have to include that in the blog as we get into apple season this fall.