Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thank you kind person . . . flying on an airplane

I feel very lucky. I have flown across the country alone twice. I always imagine an inconsolable baby with passengers taring at me as I frantically try to comfort my baby. Luckily I have been blessed with a pretty cool kid. He has flown 8 times already in his short life, and the times we were alone he did so well.

Thank you to my family for walking us to security. That totally made it manageable. Going through security - not too hard (knock on wood). We are in a routine. Sitting at the gate, there was a nice couple from Oregon who happily played with Harrison. It was so nice to hear other people dote on my child and he was pretty happy.

I got on pretty early on the flight and got the first seat on the Southwest flight. I sat by a tall veteran with bad knees from Bedford, NH. He was really nice and very understanding of Harrison soft grunts and cries. All the other passengers around us were very nice! Every cooed and smiled and all I can say is thank you kind people. You made a 4 hour flight great.

No comments: